Adding Alexa Widgets Effectively
Never thought that these free traffic rank badges would help improve Alexa Rank on top of other great benefits it provides. But beware of the consequences when not placed well on your pages.
What is Alexa Widget?
Alexa Site Widget is a web object that generates simple interactive badges which shows always-updated traffic statistics for your web sites.
There are three (3) types of Alexa widgets:
Traffic History Graph
This widget shows dynamic traffic graphs of up to three (3) web sites for side-by-side comparison by audience reach, traffic rank, or pageviews in ranges of 7 days, 1 month, 3 months or 6 months period. The traffic graph is updated on daily basis.
Alexa Site Stats
A badge that shows traffic rank and incoming links to your web site. It comes in three sizes: Button (120x95), Vertical Banner (120x240) and Banner (468x60).
Alexa Traffic Rank
This minimalist badge only shows traffic rank of your web site. It is also available in three sizes: Small Button (120x65), Regular Button (120x90), and Banner (468x90).
What are the benefits of having Alexa Widget on web sites?
- Shows live, authoritative, and genuine traffic trends directly from Alexa.
- Shows publicly visible measures of traffic generation efforts.
- Supports your inclined success stories.
- Indicates the popularity level of your web site. Lower rank numbers are better and one (1) being the highest.
- Attracts advertisers and get approved to various advertising networks.
- Reportedly collects information about every visit on a web site just like what Alexa Toolbar does. It feeds Alexa accurate counts of visits and pageviews. Thus, boost your Alexa Traffic Rank. Check out some recent reports about having an increase in Traffic Rank after placing an Alexa widget.
- Shows flawed, imperfect, and biased ranking, but it is diffinitely one useful tool by far that you can use to top in your niche.
How to get an Alexa Widget?
Getting a widget for your web site is very easy, straightforward, and requires no programming skills.
- Visit the Site Widgets page. at Alexa webmaster’s corner section.
- Enter your web site URL into the box of preferred widget. You can input a maximum of three web sites for Traffic Graph Widget.
Where to place Alexa widget?
You may put Alexa Widget anywhere on your web pages as you see fit. But beware; as with all other web objects, Alexa widget may cause your web site to load very slowly or, sometimes load incomplete pages or the worst, due to corruption, it may prevent your pages from showing especially on the following conditions:
- Alexa web servers become heavily loaded in serving millions of web sites across the Internet. Fortunately for us, Alexa has plenty of resources to support the load.
- Browser communication to Alexa servers is very slow probably due to network congestion.
- Browser loading too many objects on the page. This is one of the top causes of web site performance degradation.
To work around the conditions above, the following techniques are recommended:
Place the Alexa widget at the bottom of your pages just before the